I always enjoy going to the Agile Ottawa meetings.
I enjoyed the talk and got a lot out of it.
Points I felt important to me:
- Improve your conference calls by making sure everyone knows everyone’s voice.
- “Rob here. I agree with …” – say your name each time you speak
- Help staff get to know each other
- Provide pictures and video of yourself on the internal web site
- Use more voice calls
- No, most companies can’t afford to bring teams together from China to Ottawa. One or two people in each direction is a realistic limit.
- Share the pain of 12 hour time differences. Meet or phone in their work hours, not just yours.
- Share information. Write down what happened, and what especially was decided, and wikify it.
It was great to have a chance to chat with Steffan after the meeting. Thanks for sticking around, Steffan!